What ranges do you prefer engaging at and why?

When I am using a sniper rifle variat, i prefer engaging from 750 meters out to 2,500 meters out with the last being on fixed targets usually. The Farther the better when I have a good long rifle usually .408 or .50. If it is a generally usual AO with squads on patrol I prefer 650m to 1,100m out with 7.62 or higher caliber.

I prefer 400-600m most AO’s. I use some 5.56, but generally I like 7.62 caliber for the impact at this range. I don’t snipe much, but use a Barrett occasionally, prefer 800m and out with that.

I really enjoy sniping especially with Sako TRG-42 from Project Infinite. Ranges can vary from 1k to 1.5k out. Ultimately an M16 or a SCAR-H with an ACOG from RHSUSAF can be really effective on a usual AO. Rare occasions I take the challenge and grab shotguns and head for CQB using slugs in case I need range.

I play on Tanoa mostly so there isn’t much option for range :wink: but for me its the CQB thats makes the heart pump. always listening for the enemy. hearing the voices of the AI or even going around a corner of a building and seeing 3 vipers all aiming towards you, diving for cover and lobbing a grenade.

I’m generally using the vanilla Cyrus in a DMR type role, I like the knock down power and the ballistics of the round. On a typical AO I’ll generally stay about 800-1.3k out and work my way in. If folks are just hovering and not really taking objectives I’ll get more aggressive and take the fight inward unless its in a really urban area. CQB on the Liberty mission is about the only time I’ll dial back to a regular assault rifle usually picking something in the 7.62 range.

I constantly hear the question regarding what is the expected engagement range. Generally speaking, battle rifles are effective out to 600 meters. Depending on terrain, the need to shoot past 600 meters can be achieved by 7.62. Bullet flight time is important at ranges beyond ~700 meters as it starts to exceed 2 seconds and unless the target is stationary, proper lead is required. I go by the maxim, accuracy by volume, so I can kill out to 1200 meters with calibers as small as 6.5mm, if the target is not moving. Best regards,

Who doesn’t enjoy a sniping challenge? I prefer the MAR 10 .338 lapua magnum equipped with the Long range optic. Before taking shots, I’ll scan the field for objects at different distances, so that I can quickly adjust the distance of my optic’s zero. Generally, 2 poor hits will be a kill with the .338. I’ll attempt shots on targets that are either moving or stationary, between 1-1200 meters (not afraid to use the .338 semi-auto boom stick in a CQC setting :slight_smile:. I’ve found that leading/timing the shot on a moving target and hitting within a meter of the target will cause it to take cover. (Even in the middle of a wide open field…) Keeping note of the impact, I can then readjust quickly to obtain that pink mist kill shot before it relocates. My best kill so far is a head shot on target in full sprint at 1100 meters, and the longest kill was somewhere around 1500. Don’t really care to go out any further than 1200 as most targets appear within 700-800 meters from my chosen spots, and 1200 is passed the center of the AO.

I enjoy hunting with a Cyrus at 700-1000m, best thing about this baby is that it can be also very useful in case of having to go CQB because of a change in the situation.

Typically 650-1500 meters is a good range for me. I’ve found that the .338 is ideal for the engagements I typically find myself in. Hitting those shots and dropping the target off the first one is a second to none experience. Of course with JTAC and other scout associated roles being far isn’t always going to happen, so I like to use semi auto marks rifles, like the Mk. 11 or Scar H, for more flexibility when I know engagements within 700 meters are going to occur.

I am considering using 7.62 exclusively for ubiquitously, and I found Mk14 to perform terribly outside of 900m+ but still reasonably well 500m-900m

But I guess Mk14 is really DMR, not Sniper

I use a Navid 9.3 with an LRPS in the day and NV at night using sigle shot or short burst depneding on the targets and range. The mil dots work well so I can dial in targets to about 1000m but I prefer the 500-600m meter range for that weapon system. This configuration has reach and allows one to carry a lot of rounds if you are dug in somewhere for the entire engagement. (overwatch) I used to use a Zafir 7.62 since it had sigle-shot slective fire but found the 9.3mm a better fit. I usually have 5 x 150rd cans on me.

I prefer ranges 800 and out on the altis server. It’s a lot of fun with the .408. But with the zues server running ACE right now I don’t usually take shots past 500.

I take the 7.62 MK 14 EMR with a suppressor and the thermal scope (forget it’s name.) Although that scope is more challenging since they updated the thermal graphics, it’s still very useful, day or night. Rainy weather

The range I prefer with that weapon system is 700m-900m. I can get okay results out to 1100m, beyond that is a bit of a chore.

I almost always go out with the biggest backpack I can find stuffed with a/t and a/p missiles and extra 7.62 clips. (love that there’s no need to worry about actual weights, that would seriously drop the fun level for me.) Add in the capability to have an ammo drop of additional missiles and missile systems and I’m set to wreak a lot of havoc on any AO.

Note: If I’m in a good missile launch site, I’m no more that 2km from the furthest tank/truck targets, and I like to keep a min range of 700m so I have time to duck if my target shoots back.