Rant of a Report Situation

I’ll quote someone else because they also made a thread about this person. https://www.naksquad.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4084&sid=6bc1ee2b22f0234551dcfc9333beaf7b

My response:
Hello, I also ran into this player yesterday in 2 matches back to back and he was wasting plane assets all morning for hours in 2 matches. Never in my 7-8 years playing on Nak have I ever needed to spent this much time and effort to report 1 person. I told 1 admin early on and he didn’t even notice that this player has a history of this, because another admin I spoke with afterwards mentioned he did have this similar report history. That first admin told me that you can’t get in trouble for being bad with jets. If you’re making an effort then it’s fine. Like what? Majority of jets were on cooldown, this guy had a score of 42 with 30 deaths the 2nd match. That’s 30 jets blown up, 450 minutes of cooldown timers(estimate). He couldn’t kill anything in a jet, and I have never seen him land a jet. He always gets shot, crashes, ejects and force respawns. That admin spectated him for a short time before he had to leave and found no wrong doing because sledge wasn’t playing as bad during the spectate. Even with a horrible score. I believe the admin did give him a warning but I don’t know if sledge was responsive to it. Later on I had to wait hours for support afterwards because sledge continued this (yes I know we all have other things in our personal lives can’t have admins 24/7 I have high respect for the Nak staff team) and 3 admins throughout this ordeal needed to get involved before he was finally banned.

I unfortunately had to end my 6 hour livestream to get the footage and comb through it for timestamps of where sledge broke rules as is required for gathering evidence. This took up quite a lot of time as you can imagine. He even harassed me randomly in chat and I screenshotted it for the admin incased he missed it as he was present in teamspeak and ingame. I brought the screenshot to his attention incase he wasn’t paying attention to ingame chat. I’ve never said a word to sledge in-game nor interacted. He probably saw I was in the help room for hours on teamspeak and saw me around him as I watched his chaos unfold. His entire time on teamspeak he was idle, non-responsive on purpose. 5-7 hour idle time and I had a screenshot. Sledge literally took 2 jets, crashed them(without explosion) into the jet area’s arsenal/flag pole section and then ejected in both of them. I don’t even think you can recover those jets if possible even, without an admin assisting. He was still not banned at that point, even after an admin went to remove those jets. Even after all the evidence, he was again warned multiple times which was incredibly frustrating. He’s received so many warnings in teamspeak and ingame. I don’t know if my evidence was looked at because it was so long or the staff needed more time but It was only until he started trolling in TeamSpeak that the admins perm banned him because he changed his TeamSpeak name to something really offensive. The time gap between sending in the evidence and when he was banned was far too long as this was an obvious rule breaker. He was continuing his trolling. I’m not happy with how this all took place, this is why I’m ranting about this. Sometimes I feel even with reporting evidence, some admins won’t do anything unless they personally see it ingame which is frustrating. Nobody is perfect, we all makes mistakes. But I won’t be returning to Nak servers for a while due to fear of possible retribution from the admins involved in my story for this thread. I’m not saying they will or are those kinds of people but because that’s usually how these situations can possibly go in communities.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience with a player on our Nak servers. We greatly appreciate your dedication to reporting and helping maintain a fair and enjoyable gaming environment for everyone. We understand that dealing with rule breakers can be disheartening, especially when it seems like the actions are not being addressed promptly. Your efforts in gathering evidence, including the screenshots and timestamps, are commendable and will prove valuable in the following investigation. However, due to the nature of online gaming communities, it can sometimes be challenging to address every issue immediately. We apologize for the delay of action resolving this issue. Please know that we do not tolerate retribution or unfair treatment within our community. Please contact me over the NAK Discord under the same name or have another admin/moderator reach out to me if I am not online so we can discuss the issue further on TeamSpeak.