General QoL changes and additions

To get right down to the point:

1. HALO jump should not have (or at least have an option to disable) a woman’s voice at +30db informing me to “select a destination” every time I want to redeploy. Turning my volume to 0 makes no difference.
    1.1 Script seems to fail if your FPS is < 60 and will either randomly HALO where your cursor is placed initially on the map, or straight up takes you out of the map selection, amplifying the above issue tenfold. My hearing is going, but I’d rather not have it disappear thanks to a very loud 2 second sound byte of a woman’s voice.

2. There is currently 0 incentive to revive teammates unless on teamspeak; even in the medic role every teammate would rather force respawn as to not get anyone else killed.
    Unfortunately I have no suggestions for this, other than possible speeding up revives for common infantry since it takes 10+ seconds, and are more likely to get shot instantly across the map before even making it within a reasonable distance to the downed teammate.

3. Better scaling with OPFOR vehicles when less people are active on the server. Dying repeatedly is a normal occurrence in ArmA, but dying due to there being 10+ AA or Tanks in the AO is just boring and forced all 3 players on the server to play AT roles.
    3.1 AA specifically needs tuning down as its all I see in terms of armor from 2+ hours of playing (mainly on secure X town objectives)

4. Remove OPFOR random turrets placement or make somewhat more apparent that a .50 is placed in the area as entire squads getting wiped out by one that spawned in a bush is beyond frustrating. Static MG =/= balanced. They still aimbot like all the other A.I.

5. Basically all buttons on the NAKPAD do not work or lead to 404 links. Donation, feedback, etc do not work.

Will note to #5, it’s due to the forums.naksquad.net being deleted. We’ve moving towards naksquad.net (this site). It should be updated soon. We’ve been instructed to revert the New Years update and fix some things, such as AI being ‘broken’ and not responding to input. The other developer may reply further.

1 Like