Denied - Zero's Admin Application

1. Steam ID or Profile Link: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (Information removed by player request.)

2. Age: XX (Information removed by player request.)

3. Hours played on NAK servers.: 500+ (Off the top of my head)

4. Total Arma 3 hours: 1,335

5. What Is Your Current ArmA 3 Level of Experience: Experienced

6. Recommendation from existing Admin or Moderator (if applicable): N/A

7. Reason for applying: (If your answer to this is anything like “to get rid of trolls” please reconsider your application)

I was once an admin for this community roughly 2 years ago if my memory serves me well. The initial reason why I decided to join back then was I wanted to be a part of the bigger picture of the community, not only be a part of the admin team but also contribute to what makes the Nak community amazing as a whole. I wanted to be someone who new players looked up to for advice and help while they were still learning the game. Engage within the community and not only be able to have fun with the members but also be able to keep the troublemakers out who wanted to ruin it for everyone else. Those same values and beliefs still apply to this day while I’m writing this application.

One question you may all have is why did I leave?

For the admins that do know me, I wasn’t always the best admin but I still tried to learn and improve as every admin should so they can not only be better for themselves but a better admin for the community. I hit a few life-changing events during that time while I was a part of the Nak community and things just got very overwhelming to the point where I no longer had control. Which resulted in me slowly fading away from the community to where I was no longer a part of the admin team and barely showed up at all. I have made huge life improvements in the years I have been gone and would like to become a part of the amazing group of admins that run this community.

1. List any real-world experience or skills that you feel would contribute to the NAK community:
    I’m currently in a junior leadership role in the Canadian Armed forces reserves and have experience teaching and mentoring new people who work alongside me. I also have a great team working skills as I work very closely with a group of 4 great gentlemen. I’m a proactive learner and listener and tend to pick up things fairly quickly.

2. Estimated Activity (How active will you be as an Moderator.): I would say roughly 4-5 hours nightly on the weekdays and 6 hours varying on the weekends as I work weekends.

3. Briefly list what you believe is involved in being an Moderator on NAK servers:

Being a moderator to me is making sure everyone is included no matter the experience or knowledge they may have about the game. Helping out new players in need, teaching someone an aspect of the game, or even fixing a game-related issue. Even just playing the game with someone who doesn’t have anyone else to play with. A moderator should make the Nak community experience as great as possible for anyone who joins the server and makes sure everyone is having fun.

1. Provide any other information that might help us decide why you should be an Moderator:

I know what is expected of a moderator from prior experience and the commitment needed to be a candidate for the job. The dedication of not only being a moderator but as a member serving the amazing Nak Community.

TEXN here,

Unfortunately, I do not know this gentleman. However, his application speaks well for him, so, +1

Regards,

Bearded Reporting,

I also don’t know Zero, but with past skills and newly improved skills of administration will be a good addition to the team. We always love to see old time admins return to the service. (+1)

Kind Regards~
Bearded

I like the application, it shows a lot of effort and understanding of the job required. +1 from me.

+1 would make a good addition to the moderator team

-1 from me, while your application is good and you do have previous experience in the role, you do not seem to have much activity on the servers other than the last week or so, going back a few months, I would like to see a bit more activity from you on the servers before I give a plus one.

+1 seems legit but i would also recommend spending some quality time with the “current” community as well if not to make yourself more known to the people who came in after you left :slight_smile:

Hello zero,

Unfortunately your application has been rejected at this time.
One of our requirements for moderators is Active participation in the NAK Squad community for the last 90 days.

Thank you for your application.

Regards PATMOSS