15/12/2023 - Ban Appeal (Approved Time Served)

I am currently banned.

Crater directed me to not wear a particular enemy uniform.

I tried to explain the rationale in a respectful manner, that I was using the uniform because it helped me stay alive long enough to play the game however, before I had finished, Crater was dismissive of my attempts to calmly do this and threatened a permanent ban, which I took offence to, as it is completely unnecessary.

I did however remove the uniform and comply with Craters direction.

I continued playing.

Crater then reached out to me again, to tell me to play the fsg gunner role or get out of it.

The situation I was in prevented me from using the mortar, given that i had already had one not so awesome interaction with already so to avoid any further issues, I got out of the role.

I continued playing some more and became really upset, because im just so over people being assholes to me and NAK is a great server and the admins have standards they have to keep as well!, threatening people with perm bans over minor things i dont think is really in the spriit of what I think people are trying to achieve as far as having the admin standards.

i then had a massive ptsd panic attack, started crying, got off the server, tried to calm down, then calmed down and got back on.

I was concerned that crater was going to permanently ban me because he has threatened it so many times.

I told crater about my anxiety attack etc and said I just want to make sure I am not wearing something that would get me banned - because the situation is so confusing now.

Crater assisted me with some of my queries but then became disinterested and left me to my own devices, still unsure what it is that I can and cannot wear.

I suspect that Crater didnt appreciate something i did because I logged on today to find myself banned.

Either way i dont think anyone was having their finest hour in this scenario.

i have a recording of my entire time on the server yesterday evening however its 4mb and i dont know how to send it to you guys.

have a great day and merry xmas

Please use the ban appeal format at your earliest convenience. When you go to Ban Appeals & Misconduct - NAKSquad, click on “New Topic” and fill out the information. You can reply below with that instead of creating a new post for ease of access. Gave an example screenshot below. Thanks, and merry xmas to you too!

EXACT NAME IN THE GAME: Soultaker

YOUR STEAMID 64: i dont know it. im not interested in finding out either because it means nothing to me.

SCREEN SHOT OF BAN MESSAGE OR MESSAGE TEXT DISPLAYED WHEN ENTERING THE SERVER:

ADMINISTRATOR NAME: unk
(Appears in the ban message) - no it doesnt

APPROXIMATE DATE AND TIME OF THE BAN: today

THE SERVER YOU WERE ON WHEN YOU WERE BANNED: ALTIS

ANY EXPLANATION OR JUSTIFICATION OF WHY THE BAN SHOULD BE LIFTED:

Id like to know why it has been imposed.

I have recordings of the entire incident, its 4mb plus some, how would you like me to send it to you?

Good day Soultaker

I’ve reviewed the chat and server logs and talked to multiple Admins involved in the incident including Chief of Staff Copout and Claws. After deliberating for a long time, I’ve decided the following:

Your actions, even if you tried to justify them, they disrupt general server operation by putting players at risk of Team killing you, which puts them at risk of getting kicked or banned.

Even though there is no specific rule about this, the rules page clearly states the following:

A. “The level of punishment is at the discretion of the admin, and will be based on the severity of the action. If you break multiple rules your punishment may run consecutively.”

And more important:

B. “This page does not cover all the server rules, only the basic ones. If an admin finds any unfitting behavior he will moderate the situation accordingly. NAK Squad reserves the right to refuse access/service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.”

Which clearly gives NAK Cmd enough justification for the action taken.

The chat logs shows clear evidence of behavior which lead to “anoy” the admins by arguing and asking unnecessary questions that aren’t related to ArmA 3 or NAKSquad servers. Whether this was done intentionally or not, it will be up for debate. But as it stands it shows probable cause for malicious intent. Which can be interpreted by point “B” as stated above.

This is not the first time you’ve received a ban or warnings for your behavior. As of the writing of this you have:
3 Bans related to Verbal Abuse
1 Ban for Griefing and Harassment
1 Ban for AFKing too long on the server
This ban that you are appealing
And multiple notes on disruptive behavior, warnings and kicks. All of this done by different admins.

So all of this was taken into consideration when creating the ban. Now after meantioning all this, and reviewing your statement and comparing it to logs and witnesses I’ve decided to Remove your ban as “Time Served”

Now this comes with a catch. Since you have extensive history of Rule Breaking and disruptive behavior. I’ve decided to give you a final warning, which I consulted with The rest of the Chiefs of Staff and they hace approved. If you break ANY rule in the future, any admin or moderator will have the authorization to permanently ban you without the possibility of a Ban Appeal, no matter what the Rules Page punishment level states.

This warning also extends to Harassing any Players or NAK Cmd members with questions that fall under the obvious logic of what is stated on the rules page, and anything that can be seen as disruptive behavior for the server. I am being serious about all of this, and the other Chiefs of Staff have already signed and approved of this. You are getting one last chance, if I was you I would take it and treasure it.