Denied - PV2 T O'Brien [10thMD] - Ban apeal

1. Exact in game name. PV2 T O’Brien [10thMD]
  2. Player Steam profile copy here. (Steam Community :: =7Cav=SGT.OBrien.T)
  3. Screenshot, or word by word ban message given upon entering. you were kicked off the game (BattleEye: Admin Kick(Banned Rule#6 for 3d-expires 04/05/2018 3:55AM. Wasting ser))
  4. Name of admin, and approximate time of ban and the server you were banned from. about 3am central time not sure about admin it says battle eye admin kick. Server was invade and annex.
  5. Explanation, notes, etc. we where playing in the server with about 20 people we repeatedly called for CAS no one ever came for the 15mins we were calling so i told the other guys that i would go
    join cas so i could help them apon joining the vortex squad and team speak i was able to determain that the two other pilots were just getting in planes and helos and flying around and not doing anything
    to help us even after we had asked multiple times there was one time that i seen that some one did shot down a enemy jet but that was it i repetadly seen them flying around blufor vehicles and being shot
    down after i became a pilot and went to go get the a-10 i did see a guy sitting in the general area that appeared to be AFK as i waited for the a-10 a guy came up and stood next to me the only thing he
    said was o’brien i went and got the tow truck so i could tow the plane to the runway i wait for the plane to spw as soon as it did the other guy jumped in it and tried to take it i told them that i was going
    use it to provide cas since none of the other guys were doing anything to help and just flying around and waisting air assets he then tried to fly away he started pushing my truck some other guy his name
    started with [(peanut*****)not sure what his name ended with started yelling (wtf are you doing you idiot)] i told them i was getting the jet to help the the other guy since yall arent doing anything but
    waisting the planes the other guy continued to ram me as the other guy (peanut******) went and got a helo and tried to sling load me and fly me away the guy that was in the a-10 then killed me after he blew
    the truck up the log confirmed he killed me since the truck blew up it blew the a-10 up i then just left and went back to playing as a ground unit since they were doing that i then about 5 mins later told a
    admin since they continued to do the same thing i later tried to log on to the server today and found i was banned after contacting a admin to try and find out what happend he told me to file a ban apeal as
    well as i would have to talk to the person who banned me to get this resolved i have played on this server since it opened and i had arma 3 and not once have i had a issue where i have had admin action taken
    against me other the i belive was a warning or a kick because i need to be in the teamspeak after reviewing both player and admin rules vvvvvvvv

RULE #6) Wasting Server Assets.
1st Offense: Written warning.
2nd Offense: Kick from server.
3rd Offense: 3 day ban.
Definition: Wasting server assets is the act of destroying/crashing vehicles due to a preventable circumstance. This includes repeated, crashing due to lack of knowledge on how to operate a vehicle (SEE NOTE BELOW),
messing around with other players or ramming other vehicles.
NOTE: NAK Servers are high population and are not suitable for LEARNING how to use air vehicles, please do this in editor and come fly with us when you are ready.

Note: under the NAK Command Code of conduct section (Ethical) it states: Admins must follow the written guidelines on how to handle situations. All of the various server rules have punishment guidelines.
If an Admin deviates from the guidelines justification needs to be provided.

i was not given a 1st Offense: Written warning. nor 2nd Offense: Kick from server. i was banned that goes against the admin guidlines code of action seen that this would be my first real offense

i would be more then happy to speak with you also i was recording unfortunately my obs studio did not save the video so i am unable to attach the video

PV2 O’Brien, you were banned for 3 days by me on multiple offences. You talked to me yesterday regarding 2 players who were “flying and not doing anything.” I talked to both of the players in detail and found out that neither “intentionally commit any offence”. Regarding your rendition and opinion on what CAS and helicopter pilots “should do” does not allow you the ability to deprive other players from flying on our servers. Here is an excerpt of one of my conversations with one of the players.

1:50 AM (Private) To Ryka [Medimen]: Ryka, what was going on between you and PV2 O’Brien? (sent by Medimen)
1:50 AM (Global) Ryka he was blocking A10 spawn with vehicle
1:52 AM (Private) To Ryka [Medimen]: Ryka, how many times did PV2 O’Brien block the A-10 Spawn? (sent by Medimen)
1:53 AM (Direct) Ryka the major was once, he saw me waiting for A10 and decided to ram a truck into me once I was on taxi to runway
1:54 AM (Global) [Medimen]: Copy Ryka, thank you. (sent by Medimen)

The 3 offences you committed and the punishments for them are as follows:

1. RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing. 1d - 7d - PERM
  2. Rule #4) Griefing/Harassment. 1d - 7d - PERM
  3. RULE #6) Wasting server Assets. WRITTEN - KICK - 3d

I am assuming the confusion is because your ban “on the surface” states “Wasting Server Assets” which I admit is a mistake on my part. However, the punishment given was also in conjunction with multiple other violations. Also, considering your appeal and your seemingly in-depth knowledge of the NAK rules, you should know better than to take the law into your own hands rather than typing “Admin [Player Name] and what offence is being committed” in Global or Side Channel.

As far as I am concerned, your ban will stay. When their are multiple rule violations we will usually pick the most common “2nd level offence” which in this case is a 7d ban. To give you a little benefit of the doubt I reduced it to 3d. If you do not agree with my decision you are free to file a misconduct report. Otherwise, your ban will be lifted at 04/05/2018 1:55 AM.

if you check the server logs it will show that he was the one who killed me and also i would like to know if any action was taken against them for their abusive language also if they keep getting shot down as soon as they take off that would violate rule 6 for lack of knowledge of flying there is no reason after seeing him repeatedly trying to take off and him get shot down do to not knowing how to counter enemy air or ground to air ( not once did he fire flares while being shot at and if you have just taken off you have a full combat load including flares if action has only been taken against me i will be filing a misconduct report.

for the player [(peanut*****)dont remember the last part of his name] that was yelling a cussing and calling me a idiot would be in violation of:

RULE #4) Griefing/Harassment.
1st Offense: 1 day ban.
2nd Offense: 7 day ban.
3rd Offense: Permanent ban.
Definition: Griefing/Harassment are viewed as the act of INTENTIONALLY irritating and angering people through the use of destruction, language, forcing team kills, being a general annoyance to the server and more.

RULE #13) No verbal abuse.
First offense: Kick
Second Offense: 3 day ban
Third Offense: Permanent ban
Harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, slanderous , hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language or cursing directed at a player is not allowed and may lead to an immediate ban. If you are having issues with another player, send a message which includes Admin in game chat. If an Admin is online we will be happy to help you.

RULE #14) No use of indecent; obscene; lewd; sexually explicit language - this includes any words generally considered curse words.
First Offense: Kick
Second Offense: 1 day ban
Third Offense: 7 day ban
Fourth Offense: Permanent ban
Please watch your language. This is a public server. We understand that we play an age restricted game, but we choose not to hear this type of language in our community. If you tend to curse, mute yourself, and refrain from typing in-game chat.

for the player (Ryka) that was in the jet would be in violation of

RULE #3) Intentional Team Killing.
1st Offense: 1 day ban
Definition: Intentional Team Killing is the act of killing any friendly player with intent to do so. Intent is decided by the admin issuing the ban based on their investigation and review of all relevant information and evidence. Do not retaliate against players who team kill (TK), report it to an Admin. Simply type “Admin “player name” TK” in the game chat, there is often an admin monitoring the servers.

RULE #4) Griefing/Harassment.
1st Offense: 1 day ban.
Definition: Griefing/Harassment are viewed as the act of INTENTIONALLY irritating and angering people through the use of destruction, language, forcing team kills, being a general annoyance to the server and more.

RULE #6) Wasting Server Assets.
3rd Offense: 3 day ban.
Definition: Wasting server assets is the act of destroying/crashing vehicles due to a preventable circumstance. This includes repeated, crashing due to lack of knowledge on how to operate a vehicle (SEE NOTE BELOW), messing around with other players or ramming other vehicles.
NOTE: NAK Servers are high population and are not suitable for LEARNING how to use air vehicles, please do this in editor and come fly with us when you are ready.

RULE #11) All pilots, UAV operator, and ATC must be on the NAK SQUAD TeamSpeak server (excluding NAK Elite). No pilot may be AFK.
3rd Offense: 1 hour ban.

PV2 T O’Brien [10thMD] the admin that made your ban has reviewed your appeal and replied. Your ban is going to stand as entered. Your description of the events does not match those of other players online at the time. The issue is now closed.