Denied (at this time) - Mongo - Admin Application

1. Steam ID or Profile Link: 76561198123036818

2. Age (Must be at least 18 years old): 33

3. Hours played on NAK servers. (Must have at least 50 hours on NAK servers): 330+

4. Total Arma 3 hours: 3600

5. Recommendation from existing Admin(if given): did not speak to any current Admins specifically about applying

6. Reason for applying: (If your answer to this is anything like “to get rid of trolls” please reconsider your application)

• I would like to gain some experience as an Admin on a popular server, and also feel that I would be a good addition to the server as an Admin as I am a mature player that also wants others enjoy the game.
  1. List any real world experience or skills that you feel would contribute to the NAK community: I have setup and ran a few servers in the past(Exile, Domination, and some smaller multiplayer/coop missions) so I have some basic scripting skills, but I am taking programming classes too, and would like to join a group of like minded people that are actively involved in my line of interests.

2. Estimated Activity (How active will you be as an Admin.): I would estimate that I could be on the server about 15 hours a week, since that seems to be my current average weekly game time on NAK

3. Briefly list what you believe is involved in being an Admin on NAK servers: Tasks that I believe Admins are responsible for would be receiving constructive comments/complaints from players about the server or other players, implementing a strategy that aims to satisfy the comments or complaints, help players find the info needed to understand server rules and expectations, displaying a positive attitude at all times, and to carry out all responsibilities across all of NAK servers and TeamSpeak.

You have been very helpful in bringing issues to our attention. I believe you would be fine as a Warrant Officer at this time. However, You have gone under a lot of different names. Some of which are borderline of being against the rules. Including one of which was against the rules and you were kicked for said name. I was the one who conducted said kick/ban of the name.

I understand that this was a while ago (3 months). And your attitude has completely changed since then, but realize that 3 months ago I would’ve labeled you as a troll. Your passion and drive to help the server has been noted though. Players that report rule breakers does indeed help the server immensely. You do help others from time to time but helping others a little bit more would help your case.

I’ve never seen you on, maybe we play at different times. But those names are concerning. I feel that an admin / WO position holds a higher respect. Is it something you’d let slid when you’re an admin seeing that your okay with it then? Why do you want to gain experience as an admin on a popular server? Could you clarify what implementing a strategy means?

My main concern with your application is that this is the first time that you visited our website. I would expect someone that want to be an admin would want to be more involved with the community as a whole not just the game server.

I would also recommend that you spend some time talking to the other admins to make sure that this is something you want to do.

Im also not fond of your website username.

Ok, weird that my names(specifically) mean so much for a game that focuses on war and bloodshed. I get that the one name is over the top since it directly refers to genitalia but, ok. I tend to log in as several different usernames as I play many other mods, not just NAK. I suppose I’ll keep that in mind next time I change it to something else for another server. Honestly, its a game and my names weren’t overly offensive so I didn’t pay any mind to it.

@Ollie, That’s strange cuz I’ve been playing on NAK servers consistently for over a year and I have never heard or seen you either, but my current name(Mongo) is 7 months old. However, I see that you only have 31 posts so I can’t imagine that you’ve been around very long. …and as far as "Why?’ I would like to get experience is pretty self explanatory in my submission. Possibly give #7 another read.

@VileAce, this is actually not the first time I have logged into to the website. I’ve been checking it for events and other info quite consistently over the last 4 months. Maybe because I never have to “Log In” is why you don’t see the other times. My browser keeps me logged in and doesn’t require me to actually “Log In” when I visit. And as far as talking to other NAK admins, I often find myself on at the same time as vgerdj and talk with him as we game, but I have never spoken specifically about applying for an admin position.

I would also like to add that I have been logging into TS to talk with an admin about my application but have not been able to locate anyone since my application was submitted, except for claws01. He was unresponsive.

EDIT: The username for the website is what it is because when I donated, the person that walked me through it told me to use the same name so he could verify the donation came from the same player. I looked for a way to change it but your website does not allow a player to change their username at will.

Please feel free to poke me at any time in TS, I am almost always logged in.

As far as user names - I believe the username Mongoloid with the profile image you have, says a lot about a persons character. The game may focus on war and bloodshed, but our community does not. We are trying to create an environment where the 8,000 players a month, all feel comfortable to participate.

-1 see me in TS why.

-1 The way you have responded to Ollie doesn’t sound like you’re ready to be an admin . And having a low post count on the website doesn’t mean that he hasn’t been here for a long time. Ollie has been in this community for a long time. And I am always on ts even when not home a simple poke or a message is just fine and I will respond when I get home.

Unfortunately there is not enough support to approve your application at this time. You are welcome to apply again in the future. I recommend getting to know the Admins and Warrant Officers. I can help you change your website name, if you would like.