ATC Suggestions

ATC can be more effective if they have the IFV-6a Cheetah as it will help with taking out enemy aircraft flying over the Terminal Airfield.
Furthermore with some vehicles at the Terminal Airfield will allow players to get to missions with Light/Medium/Heavy armoured vehicles.

All reward vehicles spawn at the terminal. The whole point of separating spawn points is to help keep the server FPS balanced, so it is intentional the way to vehicles and spawns are spread out.

As far as the Cheetah, players have been abusing the vehicles at base so we have enabled a no fire script, so having a Cheetah would not help. We will look at disabling the no fire script at certain locations in the future.

Before you say, allow some players to fire based on role, the answer is that would negatively affect server FPS. One of the first things we consider before any change is, how will it affect server performance.

You make a valid point and I can agree with all you have said as on preivous servers I’ve joined where vehicles are at main locations such as the Terminal and “Main HQ” server FPS has been an issue.

As for the no fire zone scrip, I feel that is a good thing as well as a bad thing.

• Good that no TKing can accure and that no one can go rob the jets/helicopters off the pilots who are already piloting them.
  • Bad that when enemy aircraft are going over and bomb the aircraft taking off and we sometimes have no means of taking them down.

However while writing all this I did think that their could be a specific vehicle for the ATC to use such as an ATV, Repair Offroader, etc… vehicles that would help with getting around and helping the pilots as running to the HEMTT to then go and tow them off the runway can take longer than it should whereas vehicle would speed up the proccess and open the runway(s) for other pilots wanting to land.

However while writing all this I did think that their could be a specific vehicle for the ATC to use such as an ATV, Repair Offroader, etc… vehicles that would help with getting around and helping the pilots as running to the HEMTT to then go and tow them off the runway can take longer than it should whereas vehicle would speed up the process and open the runway(s) for other pilots wanting to land.

On the Apex server, we have added a couple quad bikes, as a test to see if they will be misused. What we do not want is players taking these and leaving them abandoned around the base. When they are on base they generally do not respawn as abandoned because there is often a player nearby, but players don’t make an effort to retrieve them. Once we know whether the quad bikes are misused or not on a less busy server, we will consider adding them/ or even another HEMTT, to Altis for your exact reason.

I would love to see either some ATV’s or prowlers near rewards. Would speed up insertion of light verhicles, and reduce HEMTT trolls.

About the AA, how about a praetorian on top of the terminal or ATC tower? something shaped in such a way thats its not possible to reach it.

The defense issue, has been answered in the forums. The (Auto Guns) were removed based on pilot request. Pilots were complaining that the auto guns were shooting down the AI leaving nothing for them to do.

The AA guns on the tower, why not reduce the area of effect to only the Terminal (If possible to script it) so that it will be a win, win for both the ATC and Pilots. As for the ATV’s, I can see what you mean as leaving vehicles on base messes with FPS and that is gold to us.

However with whatever happens, it will be an improvement nether the less due to the fact ATC doesn’t really do much other than direct air trafic, not saying thats a bad thing but those on ATC would be more inclinded to help out more if there was more of a role to it that directing air trafic.

Auto guns have been discussed previously in the forums, you can search the forums for more detail . Anytime you add script to do something you are going to affect performance, and anytime that you restrict an action to a single role, you are going to affect performance.

The AA guns that we had, were only at the terminal, and were removed based on overwhelming pilot request. You have to remember NAK has been around a long time, we have tried many things in the past, and we use this experience to have the map set up the way we do.

We do appreciate the feedback, and we will add you opinion to the list.

I would love to see either some ATV’s or prowlers near rewards. Would speed up insertion of light vehicles, and reduce HEMTT trolls.

I think I am missing the point on this one. We have a teleport set up to get players to and from the rewards. How would adding ATV’s or prowlers near rewards, speed up insertion of light vehicles?

Welch, the AA (CAP) jets are specifically placed on the carrier for this exact reason. If the pilots coordinate, their will be very little influence of enemy AA. For example, while the Black Wasp (Stealth) lands at the airfield to re-fuel, re-arm and repair, the normal Black Wasp and Shikra are still flying and can be scrambled to deal with any enemy AA spawning in. The AA is meant to be a challenge and a hindrance to deal with. If the ATC is effectively doing it’s job, directing air traffic, it wont have much time to grab a cheetah, or to tow aircraft’s around.

Often an effective ATC will be guiding aircraft’s landing, taking-off and taxi-ing at the airfield and carrier. Plus directing CAS to help provide support at either main or side AO (depending on the amount of enemy resistance as the ATC talks with players on the ground or with FSG {mortar teams} and/or with JTAC). The ATC will also be checking the map for any AA spawning in (make sure to be in the same group as all the other Vortex Pilots). Moreover, the ATC will be guiding the UAV’s and giving clearance to helicopters to cross runways for take-off or landing to repair.

ATC is a vital role that must be attempted with due care and with complete cooperation with vortex pilots. And if the role is fulfilled to it’s full potential, their wont be a second to spare dealing with AA or towing vehicles.

the current composition of verhicles in the AO are jets and an occasional lifted slammer if the AO is more than 10 clicks away from the main base. Presence of light armor is nihil, if it is its because the AO was close enough to drive there, or if tanks were gone at base.

Placing 1-2 (possible unarmed) prowlers at AIRFIELD would a larger range of AO’s to be reached by light verhicles, and therefore create a more dynamic situation. Its no longer just infantry moving in with air support, but an occasional prowler could spice it up. If its armed it can provide thermals and 50’s, and even unarmed it could bring bigger stuff to the AO ( looking at machine guns (statics), mortars) or make small squads more mobile.

its not about getting players faster to the AO, the HALO jump is clearly the fastest way to the AO. However, it would spice up the current standard composition of the units moving into the AO.

Ok I understand, this topic just took so many turns, I still though we were talking about base transportations issues.