Someone using my name/account on BattleMetrics

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

CasperTheAbnormal

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 3rd, 2020, 2:58 pm

Howdy hey everyone! I hope you all have been doing well and in good health!
But anyway, I've discovered that someone has recently been using my name and BattleMetrics account on random (mostly German) servers I've never known about!
Is there someway I can resolve this issue? I thought I had a secure account and everything.
No worries if no solutions come up. I just want to see If I can track my own hours on my own name.

-Casper
See you in-game!

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 3rd, 2020, 4:30 pm

Are you referring to your BalleMetrics login to access RCON, or your SteamID? If you are referring to your BattleMetrics account you can set up Multi-Factor Authentication. Go to the account settings page - https://www.battlemetrics.com/account then Account Security - https://www.battlemetrics.com/account/security and click the Set Up Authenticator Application button and follow the instructions.

mojo.hoho

February 3rd, 2020, 6:00 pm

Hello Casper!

I have no Battlemetrics account but if i click on my in-game name “hoho”, It is written that i have been seen on 129 servers (which I haven’t logged into at all, besides NAK Tanoa)

My suspicion would be, Battlemetrics uses the in-game name and then matches everything about that name, searches on their database and then displays it on that list, regardless if it is your or somebody else’s name

But i am only guessing

Cheers
hoho

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 3rd, 2020, 7:52 pm

It all depends on if you are searching for just a name or a SteamID. You should be searching by SteamID.

CasperTheAbnormal

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

February 4th, 2020, 12:29 am

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I guess hoho might be right since I have the Authentication App and everything running fine. It's just tracking the hours/servers by name and not my Steam account (thank goodness)
I'll be searching via SteamID from now on!
Thank you two again!

-Casper
See you in-game!

• Information