NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 7th, 2020, 11:44 am

1. Steam ID or Profile Link: William Tesla
2. Age: 22
3. Hours played on NAK servers: 365 hours
4. Total Arma 3 hours: 658 hours
5. What Is Your Current ArmA 3 Level of Experience: I would say that I have a decent knowledge when it comes to Arma III, not just from playtime, but also due to some research based on simple curiosity.
6. Recommendation from existing Admin (if applicable):
7. Reason for applying: (If your answer to this is anything like "to get rid of trolls" please reconsider your application)
Well, the reason for this application is quite straight forward, despite it might be sounding as simple as your example, it is actually to give a helping hand out to the community which I fell in love with.

I've been around NAK servers for around two years, and have been sort of going and coming back from time to time, mostly due to my job, but also due to other personal reasons which luckily now are not a factor.

I've been thinking about taking this step earlier but always was stopped by my inactivity, there's not much use for someone who's not around, but now a few things changed including my personal life and while I do have more time I'll just say that it's not the best thing that I've had to go through, nor the most pleasant one but it’s what it is, and I’ll try to make the best out of it.

I thought that besides having a distraction which would make things easier for me by simply keeping myself busy would be the best, and so I just chose to make this step today, I’m not sure of how many admins are necessary for this community and I’m not even sure that I fit for the role, but I hope that along the time I’ve been around it’s been enough for me to get familiar not only with the players, but also with the game to the point where I would actually be useful as something else then just an ordinary player.

8. List any real world experience or skills that you feel would contribute to the NAK community:
I don’t think that being an IT tech is much of a useful real world experience in this scenario, but I’m quite sure that it certainly taught me to be patient, that’s for sure.
9. Estimated Activity (How active will you be as an Admin.): I can't give you an exact schedule but I do tend to be around reliably 4 AM EST up until 6 AM EST on a daily basis, as after that my shift starts (I’m from another time zone GMT+1.)
10. Briefly list what you believe is involved in being an Admin on NAK servers:
One of the biggest impacts that an admin has on the community is certainly the help he can offer. Not only dealing with permissions which is also relatively important, but also offering the knowledge to the new players who might be having issues, or even giving out useful tips to the more experienced ones.

When it comes to other tasks which an admin has to upkeep administration is certainly a big part of it, it’s not only moderating the player behavior and enforcing the rules properly and fairly, but also focusing on the server itself and the issues which it might be causing.

From a more technical side of things an administrator also has to make sure that the players on the server have a relatively good time, and if for example a feature is either broken, or working in an unexpected way (Bugs, glitches, etc.) he should also be able to help out.

Finally, suggestions and improvements to the server should be a considerable investment from an administrator. With his time and experience he might see and come up with suggestions which might help solve some of the minor issues which might be happening on the server.

11. Provide any other information that might help us decide why you should be an Admin:
I don’t really have anything else to provide but the fact that this application is mostly to return some of the attention and help which I’ve gotten myself when I got into this community, I felt welcome and managed to build up some great relationships and even forged a couple of friendships, and mostly due to the people which are around here, so, why not support the thing that I like in any possible way?
The only time success comes before work is in a dictionary.

Lorenzo

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 7th, 2020, 2:09 pm

+1

Wave

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

January 7th, 2020, 8:54 pm