A question on scoring

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

wmetcalf

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

December 1st, 2019, 1:45 pm

I had a situation recently, when playing solo to take a tower side mission. I had largely cleared the entire AO and was ready to approach and blow the tower when another player suddenly jumped in and blew it. I was a bit teed off. Yeah, I know these are "multiplayer" scenarios, and there are no actual rules violated here. It was just kind of a rude thing to do after another player had obviously spent an hour defeating most of the opfor alone. Anyway, it made me wonder about how the scoring works on these side missions. The usual reward is 5 points, but who gets the credit? If it's a unit effort does everyone in the unit, or in the AO at the time of the win get 5 points? Is it just the individual player who triggers the win? Is there some place to go to find out about how ARMA scores in general are awarded?
AKA: Bosco19

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

December 1st, 2019, 2:21 pm

The score is applied to anyone within a specific range in meters from the AO or side mission when it is completed, it does not matter who "triggered" the event. These points/scores are created for our servers, they are not vanilla arma.

wmetcalf

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

December 1st, 2019, 2:30 pm

Good to know. That would allow a player to feel that just being "part of the team" and making a contribution means they also share in the reward. You don't have to be the heroic figure who triggers the win to actually gain points. Perhaps the player who jumped in and took the objective in the last minutes, as described above, understood that and I didn't. I wonder how many players DO understand that.
AKA: Bosco19

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

December 2nd, 2019, 3:08 am

This is stated in the information presented on the map screen, under "Ranking System" > "Point System Value".

• Information