Small Change for NAK Elite

This is an off-topic thread for talking about whatever.

Moderator: VileAce

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 10th, 2019, 9:08 am

If a NAK Elite wishes to be a pilot while not in TeamSpeak, they must either use their NAK Elite tag or add [NAK Elite] after their profile name. If a NAK Elite would prefer to use the NAK Elite tag but for some reason is unable to use the Bohemia Interactive tag, contact VileAce for instructions on how to create a local squad.xml file, which will display the NAK Elite tag. Rule #11 has been modified to reflect this change.

From Homepage - Originally posted 07/11/19

ArcherIXI

NAK Elite

November 11th, 2019, 7:17 am

Can this role also be updated to correctly reflect the expectations of NAK Elite?
NAK Elite can pilot from any role, they are not required to be in one of the Vortex or Transport positions.
A few weeks back I was chastised for being in a Pilot role while piloting transport helos and on teamspeak for taking up a pilot slot as a NAK Elite. The way the rule is written, it seems like while piloting from any role is allowed it is to be the exception rather than the rule.

Just recommending for clarity
Airsofter. Drafter. Gunsmith. Gamer.

Boogaloo 2-2 forever!

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 11th, 2019, 1:07 pm

I'm a little confused.
A few weeks back I was chastised for being in a Pilot role while piloting transport helos and on teamspeak for taking up a pilot slot as a NAK Elite. The way the rule is written, it seems like while piloting from any role is allowed it is to be the exception rather than the rule.
I believe the reason that you were 'chastised' (your words) was that you were in the pilot role. As NAK Elite we request that you not use the FGS gunner or pilot role when flying as you are taking up a limited/specialty slot. As NAK Elite you can fly from any other slot.

ArcherIXI

NAK Elite

November 11th, 2019, 2:04 pm

Yes, That's what I'm saying, and I'm not saying thats a bad idea. It makes total sense.

What I am saying is that it doesn't say that anywhere, and the rule on the NAK Elite page that I quoted reads as if its optional.

I understand the rule now and don't have an issue with it, I was just confused about it and thought it could be made clearer for others.

Boogaloo 2-2 forever!

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 11th, 2019, 2:13 pm

I'm looking at the server rules and I do not see where the rules indicate what you said

RULE #11) All pilots, UAV operator, and ATC must be on the NAK SQUAD TeamSpeak server (excluding NAK Elite). No pilot may be AFK.
1st Offense: Written warning.

2nd Offense: Kick from the server.

3rd Offense: 1-hour ban.

Definition: There are a limited number of Pilot roles on our servers. We require that if you are in one of these roles, that you are logged into the NAK Squad TeamSpeak server (ts3.naksquad.net). You must be in the Pilots channel for the server you are on and your in-game name and TeamSpeak nickname must match. It is also required that any pilot in one of these roles, not be AFK (away from keyboard), you must be able to respond when requested to do so by a NAK Admin. NAK Elite are not required to be in TeamSpeak if they are using their NAK Elite tag or add [NAK Elite] after their profile name.

Edit - I did find your statement in the 'marketing' material for NAK Elite. Those are not server rules, thats under what you get when you become NAK Elite.

ArcherIXI

NAK Elite

November 11th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Ah ok, that makes sense. Still doesn't say in those rules that Elite aren't supposed to be in a pilot slot to leave it free for others.

I'm not upset about this, just figured this was a relevant topic to bring this up otherwise I wouldn't have. Save someone else having to learn what amounts to an unwritten rule.

Boogaloo 2-2 forever!

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 11th, 2019, 2:54 pm

I might see if I can add it in a way that makes sense. Unfortunately, there are unwritten rules, if we list everything most people would not read them at all. At least we can add it to the New NAK Elite email, so it is communicated to NAK Elites somewhere.

claws01
Site Admin

NAK Command

November 11th, 2019, 4:50 pm

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

wmetcalf

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 13th, 2019, 9:54 am

LOL! I found myself in the same situation - thinking I was being dutiful and following the rules. Another admin clarified the situation - and I had never really thought about it...why would I want to take up one of the desirable pilot slots if I didn't have to. In my mind I just remembered the rules saying Nak Elite didn't HAVE to be in a pilot slot to fly. After following the posted server rules for so long I kinda felt like I was cheating, but I'm really being considerate of other players who don't have the same privileges.
AKA: Bosco19

wmetcalf

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 13th, 2019, 10:00 am

@vileace I still have the xml string you gave me to insert some while back but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm not formatting it correctly - leaving brackets where they shouldn't be, etc. Would post it here for view but not sure that would be appropriate
AKA: Bosco19

VileAce
Site Admin

NAK Tac

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

November 13th, 2019, 10:27 am

I did reply to you when you posted this issue on the quick chat
Bosco1911/7/2019 5:32
Hey Vile. My NAKelite unit ID has been missing for a long time now. How about a current string to enter into ARMA?
VileAce11/8/2019 10:47
@Bosco19: The string has not changed and seems to work fine, poke me in TeamSpeak and I will be happy to help you resolve the issue.
See me in TeamSpeak when you have time, I do not want to post it here as it may confuse other players.

• Information