Recon usage suggestion

For any general Zeus related post, players and whitelisted Zeus alike. You may post questions, comments and general issues. For hints, tips and tricks please use the appropriate forum.

Moderator: VileAce

H.Lewis

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Command

January 12th, 2020, 4:34 pm

So ive been playing a bit on the zeus servers and most of the missions are awesome, but I am always looking for a different experience on there rather than the standard infantry experience that you get in most of the missions on the zeus server. So I was thinking that itd be really cool if more Zeus's started using recon teams to gather the intel for the missions as well as provide a few more tasks to make the missions a bit more combined arms and realistic. I was in a recon platoon within an infantry battalion for 3 years while I was in the army and I always loved doing that, I love gathering intel and info for missions and then providing overwatch and support during the missions. I think that could fit very well in with the zeus missions we have been doing, usually the zeus goes and says that "HQ" has gathered so and so information on the target in order to set it up, but how about instead of it being an imaginary HQ it is actually a small section (2-4) of people collecting that intel and providing up to date info on the objective as well as overwatch and support once the main units are on the ground. This recon team could have any number of things that real life recon sections have, like a sniper/spotter team, scouts to watch over the objective and report back, JTAC to coordinate any air/IDF support, even a small drone operator to send up one of those quadcopters. I think adding something like this would be awesome and would add further realism and coordination to zeus missions. Now obviously this wouldnt apply to all missions, it would only be if the zeus feels it would fit within the mission. Also the recon wouldnt have a ton of time to scout it out before mission start cause we dont want the infantry guys to have to wait 30 mins or anything, but the recon could go out like 10 mins early while all the normal folks are still kitting up and prepping for the mission and see what they can get from their OP. Let me know what you think and anyone who would be interested in participating in a group like this also please let me know!

WilliamTesla

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Command

NAK Donor

January 13th, 2020, 2:25 am

H.Lewis wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 4:34 pm
So ive been playing a bit on the zeus servers and most of the missions are awesome, but I am always looking for a different experience on there rather than the standard infantry experience that you get in most of the missions on the zeus server. So I was thinking that itd be really cool if more Zeus's started using recon teams to gather the intel for the missions as well as provide a few more tasks to make the missions a bit more combined arms and realistic. I was in a recon platoon within an infantry battalion for 3 years while I was in the army and I always loved doing that, I love gathering intel and info for missions and then providing overwatch and support during the missions. I think that could fit very well in with the zeus missions we have been doing, usually the zeus goes and says that "HQ" has gathered so and so information on the target in order to set it up, but how about instead of it being an imaginary HQ it is actually a small section (2-4) of people collecting that intel and providing up to date info on the objective as well as overwatch and support once the main units are on the ground. This recon team could have any number of things that real life recon sections have, like a sniper/spotter team, scouts to watch over the objective and report back, JTAC to coordinate any air/IDF support, even a small drone operator to send up one of those quadcopters. I think adding something like this would be awesome and would add further realism and coordination to zeus missions. Now obviously this wouldnt apply to all missions, it would only be if the zeus feels it would fit within the mission. Also the recon wouldnt have a ton of time to scout it out before mission start cause we dont want the infantry guys to have to wait 30 mins or anything, but the recon could go out like 10 mins early while all the normal folks are still kitting up and prepping for the mission and see what they can get from their OP. Let me know what you think and anyone who would be interested in participating in a group like this also please let me know!
I like the idea, it would also add a challenge to the missions, as instead of going how the zeus might've planned it, it would now depend on how well the scouts work and how much they gather. The other part of it which I see would be if the recon team would mess up, and f.e. alert the targets (Whatever objectives they are after) of their presence. I certainly believe that it would add to a whole new and different approach to the missions, making these even more tactical and immersive, as instead of HQ who has the information that the zeus wants us to have, we would start with nothing but an idea, and then build up all of our actions based on that.

Now the only thing necessary would be a Zeus who would be up to take the challenge, and players who would be both willing and experienced enough to not to mess up the mission for the rest (Getting either spotted, or just engaging when ordered to stay down).
The only time success comes before work is in a dictionary.

H.Lewis

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Command

January 13th, 2020, 1:15 pm

I definitely agree William, assuming we can have zeus that are willing to work with it as well as people that are willing to be a part of it and do what must be done (even if it might not be the most exciting thing at all times) then this will go great and I think it can add a whole new dimension.

WilliamTesla

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Command

NAK Donor

January 13th, 2020, 3:19 pm

H.Lewis wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 1:15 pm
I definitely agree William, assuming we can have zeus that are willing to work with it as well as people that are willing to be a part of it and do what must be done (even if it might not be the most exciting thing at all times) then this will go great and I think it can add a whole new dimension.
Well, this morning (For me) I spoke with @Moon already, on that regard, and also poked @Volcano with this topic, just to hear their input, and Moon is certainly interested!
The only time success comes before work is in a dictionary.

H.Lewis

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Command

January 13th, 2020, 4:43 pm

Yeah, Wave spoke to me earlier about it with some concerns and just to talk about it, I was thinking itd be good for zeus and anyone interested in participating in it to have a couple zeus missions where we are acting as recon and that is the entire purpose of the mission, itll help the ground people learn how they should act as recon and teach zeus what to look out for so they can punish the people when they do something wrong and get detected.

• Information