Cleanup script issues on Altis server

Moderator: VileAce

LoKii

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 12th, 2019, 3:17 am

Hello everyone,

The server uses this cleanup script to remove/delete items dropped on the ground every now and then, which is understandable and important.

However, i would please like to request that you add some items that are ignored by this script, as it removes items it shouldn't.

Such as mines, tripwires, satchel charges, and explosives.

I've had a few cases where this f*****ed me over over.

Example 1: When i enter a building or tower, i like to setup tripwires to avoid AI sneaking up on me. After a small amount of time, they just disappear.

Example 2: I had to sneak up on a damaged enemy light armor, i placed 2 explosive charges and as i ran back to get some distance (the set off explosives selection was there for me after i placed them) i found some cover like 100m away, the the explosives disappeared before i had a chance to set them off.

The way to handle this would be (at least that's how other I&A servers do it) would be to exclude these items from the cleanup script that runs every now and then, and once an AO/Sidemission/Whatever is over, to then run a separate cleanup script in a wide radius from the old mission site to just remove these excluded items should they still be there.

Please fix this, as it makes these items useless.

List of recommend items:
  • All explosive charges
  • All tripwire and other mines
  • Explosive satchels
  • Haven't tested this yet on IR Grenades if they disappear too, as the cleanup script is random from my perspective.
If the proposed solution is not suitable for you, then please find an alternative solution that would suit.

Other than that, keep it up, love the server.

Cheers,
LoKii
LInux is very user friendly. Its just selective who it's friends are.

claws01
Site Admin

NAK Command

January 12th, 2019, 4:00 am

ok i see

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 13th, 2019, 2:14 pm

claws sent you a PM also somewhat regarding this.

also IR grenades have a personal timer they only last about 1-2 min then poof themselves. kinda like lightsticks they only last so long then disappear on their own.

LoKii

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 13th, 2019, 2:53 pm

I'm sorry, i don't see any PMs in my folder.

sycholic

NAK Tac

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 13th, 2019, 8:54 pm

heh cuz I sent it to claws but I'll send you one too if you want it was about a possible exploit so I was keeping it out of the public eye. ^_^

LoKii

NAK Command

NAK Elite

NAK Donor

January 14th, 2019, 12:19 am

Oh, my bad.

No need to tell me about the exploit. If there is no solution without any security/exploit risks, then by all means leave things the way they are. I'll just have to try to be lucky not to place charges between the cleanup timers. As for the tripwires, i might try the autonomous auto-cannon that i can buy and place that :D (I hope that don't disappear too :p ) Hahaha,

Regards,
LoKii

otanguma

January 15th, 2019, 1:47 pm

LoKii wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 3:17 am

Example 2: I had to sneak up on a damaged enemy light armor, i placed 2 explosive charges and as i ran back to get some distance (the set off explosives selection was there for me after i placed them) i found some cover like 100m away, the the explosives disappeared before i had a chance to set them off.

This happened once to me a week or so.

• Information